How To Do Calligraphy | A Simple Start

How To Do Calligraphy | A Simply Start
Hello! Recently I purchased a set of brush pens, and I wanted to show you how I do calligraphy. 



What you need:
  • brush pens
  • paper

A Simple Start
As a novice, I'm no expert, but I do have a few tips & tricks to get started with calligraphy. Down below I've listed a few ideas:
  • it's not necessary, but having learned cursive before starting to learn is a good idea
  • buy a small set of brush pens (i purchased these)
  • patience :)

Up & Down, Thin & Thick
When doing a up stroke you make the lines thin, and when doing a down stroke you make the lines thick. Use this chart as a reference to help you remember which is which. :)



Basic Words
After practicing making lines, start writing small & easy words. These are the words which I practiced writing:
  • hi & hello
  • may
  • april
  • june
  • july
  • mom
  • dad
That's it! For further learning I recommend searching on Youtube, Udemy, Skillshare. I'll see you next week! :)

Comments

Popular Posts